To ensure a sustainable implementation of the technical installations of groundwater and surface
water monitoring devices including the coastal water body, capacity building measures will be
conducted parallel to the set-up of the monitoring network.
Local communities’ representatives of different administrational levels, and also the people living in
the MD will be informed about recent results. They will have the opportunity to contribute actively,
for example during annual workshops.
A ViWaT post graduate program will be established which is designed for students mainly from
Vietnam and Germany. The support derives herein by two institutions: Katholischer Akademischer
Ausländer-Dienst (KAAD) and the Graduate School for Climate and Environment (GRACE).
To implement the aim of the work group, following individual steps have been developed for WP5:
- Integration and cooperation of authority representatives incase of installing measuring probes, demostration of professional operation and maintenance (technical trainings)
- Scientific exchange and academic education
- Summer school and interdisciplinary workshops
- Training of users of the pilot technologies
The overall task of WP5.2 is to develop and test software technologies and methods to enable sustainable data storage.
Special services are developed which enable smooth data import (for example real-
time data from the installed measurement stations, data from multi-depth sensors) and data available from other databases (e. g. WISDOM and NAWAPI).
Especially two types of data use are highly important for these means: (1) Providing the necessary input for the planning and information module, which is developed by the Institut für Umwelttechnik+Ökologie im Bauwesen (U+Ö) in WP3 (ViWaT Operations); (2) the use of measurement data from the sensor network for monitoring an operative Management measures.
This package addresses the prototypes, demonstration measures and pilot plant to be developed
within the course of the project. The installation and the operation pilot- and demonstration
measures serve mainly to proof the concepts under real conditions before the large scale
implementation will be designed. These measures represent the intermediate and final products of each WP:
- Coastal protection: dimensioning the protection measures by the development of a physical model in the laboratory
- Small scale coastal protection measures along the west coast of Ca Mau
- Development of an exemplary monitoring network for groundwater and land subsidence dynamics
- Development of an exemplary monitoring network for the registration of land subsidence
- Monitoring and management systems to enable regional water supply